Additive manufacturing is a layering addition of the necessary material in the form of plastic, ceramic, composite and metal powder or wire. Today, there are a lot of technologies aimed at producing parts for each type of material. However, it is necessary to point out that 3D-printing includes not only direct production of the desired item, but also the whole process of a full manufacturing cycle, namely:
- development of computer 3D-models of items;
- supply / development / upgrading materials;
- design / build-up of 3D-printers;
- cooling and post-treatment of products.
- Low price of finished products in comparison with conventional manufacturing
- A significant increase in production flexibility
- Competitive increase in production
- Reduction in production costs, especially for the small-scale production
- Less time for new products to enter the market
- Integration of computer technology and CAD systems
- It is possible to make changes to the product at the stage of 3D-modeling
- Power sector
3D-scanning is non-contact optical scanning of an object on a basis of which a further product digitization occurs. After the development of a three-dimensional model, this model is changed to fit the formats (CAD, STL, STEP), is divided into layers and is sent to the 3D-printing including further post processing. Advantages of 3D-scanning:
Advantages of 3D-scanning:
- Fast return on 3D-scanners, purchased for production work, pay off very quickly. They make the production process easier and faster. Obviously, quick return is possible only when the 3D-Scanner is fully loaded.
- Versatility 3D-scanning technology is used in almost every field of activity: manufacturing (automotive, manufacturing molds, production of aircraft, etc..), Medicine (prosthetics, orthotics, and others.), Film, design, reverse engineering, and many others.
- No need for 3D-scanners of physical contact with the object, so you can work with objects of different sizes, from coins to entire buildings.
- New research capabilities of three-dimensional scanning technology enable us to study objects regardless of whether they are indoors or outdoors, the weather or the absence of light.
- Mobility. The vast majority of 3D-Scanner’s features can also be used anywhere, for example, large objects such as buildings can be three-dimensionally scanned.
The additive manufacturing reverse engineering is used in addition to the 3D-scanning, namely, in the formation of three-dimensional models, and other documentation obtained after analysis using a 3D-scanner data.
Topology optimization - one of the most important tools that encourage the introduction of additive technologies. Printing the 3D-printer part that is already being produced by traditional methods is meaningless, because we get the same item, but several times more expensive.
However, if you want to make a piece that in its functionality will match made by traditional methods, but it is several times lighter and without compromising strength, then this is exactly the case when the topological optimization is a must. The application for the optimization of details Audit the company to introduce additive technologies
Additive Technology Implementation Audit
LLC "Rusatom - Additive Technology" provides services on a full cycle of introduction of additive technologies. If you already have an additive equipment, our experts instruct you on obtaining the most benefit from the application of additive technologies in your company. The inclusion of additive technologies in the production cycle of enterprises provides a customer with the following competitive advantages:
- Low cost of manufactured products
- maintaining or improving the quality and characteristics of the manufactured articles
- labor-intensive manufacturing and timing reducing products
- The ability to produce such products shapes that are difficult or impossible to produce by conventional methods
The additive manufacturing reduces the costs of production, increases profit and the volume of output, decreases manufacturing time per unit, promotes product quality, as well as the possibility of manufacturing products of various shapes while maintaining the desired characteristics.
The team of "Rusatom - Additive Technologies" provides an opportunity to take a course in the direction of "additive technologies."
Our goal is to help you solve your problems and achieve the desired results. We strive to share our knowledge and experiences, and grow together with you and your goals.
We are in favor of the inextricable link of education and practice. Therefore, each course accompanied by practical exercises. We established a special lab with real equipment to teach our clients how to use additive technologies.
The composition and content of the courses’ programs are built taking into account the total immersion of specialists in the subject additive manufacturing - from the theoretical foundations to practical use.
For consulting services, we involve specialists with relevant practical experience in working with the equipment using additive printing techniques and three-dimensional scanning and related software.
- The additive manufacturing as the basis of a technological breakthrough
- Additive printing technology and three-dimensional scanning
- Reverse engineering using Geomagic Design X
- Control of geometry using Geomagic Control X
- Features of product design for additive manufacturing
- Topology optimization of products using solidThinking Inspire
- Preparation of 3D-models to the 3D-printing using Materialise Magics
- Working with additive manufacturing equipment